Employability Course with 3D Training
In 2020, we launched our Travel and Tourism employability course with our CSR partner 3D training solutions.
The four week course aimed to help individuals from our local community, all of whom struggle to find employment, to provide classroom-based training, workshops and more to provide them with a wider insight into Airport life; with a focus on Customer Service. Throughout the course, we endeavoured to provide our students with as much on-site involvement as possible. These activities included:
1. Customer Services and Passenger Experience workshop with Christina Smith, Customer Services and Accessibility Executive and an Airport tour detailing the passenger journey
2. Conflict Management workshop with Sarah Anson, Sergeant at Merseyside Police.
3. Health & Safety workshop with Andrew Hepworth, Health and Safety Manager.
4. A ‘Day in the life of…’ careers event.
5. Mock Interviews and CV Workshops
This task was especially helpful to the students as many of them had written their first ever CV for this activity, several of the students hadn't been to a job interview before either. We were pleased to hear that following this session, four of the students got through to a second stage interview for a job with one of the Airport's service partners.
On the final day of the course, we held a graduation ceremony for the students in Aviation House, which included a 'thank you' from John Irving, LJLA's CEO, following by John presenting the certificates to the students. We are pleased to announce that all fourteen students have received the following qualifications as a result of our course:
- Travel and Tourism Certificate (Level 1),
- Health and Safety Award (Level 1),
- Conflict Management Award (Level 2).
Keep up to date on our website for your opportunity to get involved in this course. We will hopefully have another opportunity in late 2020 or 2021.